Do you want to play a central role in the interaction between the largest publicly traded corporations and their investors? Do you want to be involved in the strategic decision-making process regarding many issues and opportunities board members are facing with their investors? Do you want to learn and increasingly gain responsibility?
If you are a young professional with a background in (corporate) law, business, compliance or even corporate governance and you easily combine excellent communication skills with an analytical view, then we might be looking for you.
ABOUT the position
In this position you will become part of a growing team in the Netherlands’ based office of the global strategic advisor Georgeson. The company (around 200 employees globally) is the advisory branch of its much larger parent company Computershare and is filled with the world’s specialists in this area of expertise.
As a governance professional, you will help the largest Dutch publicly traded corporations understand who their shareholders are, you will try to bridge the gap between clients’ practices and their investors’ guidelines on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) topics. Accordingly, you will set up meetings for them to engage with shareholders and help them understand what they can do to align with their shareholders wishes.
ABOUT your responsibilities
- The position requires you to have a good overview of what is needed to deliver our products and reports to our clients on time and with the highest quality standards;
- This requires coordination with clients, other European teams, your Dutch colleagues, and other stakeholders;
- Set up and join meetings for clients with their shareholders or representatives (ESG-analysts at institutional investors, proxy advisors, other relevant stakeholders);
- Coordinate with clients to assess their requirements and ensure achievement of the clients’ objectives;
- Ensuring methods used during a project are streamlined to ensure effective, efficient and cost-effective completion of a project;
- Build up knowledge to fully understand the proxy voting process;
- Maintain knowledge on market developments to identify potential new clients;
- Attending external- and internal client meetings;
- Attending industry events.
So, are you interested in giving advice in preparation for annual general meetings, being involved in M&A transactions and shareholder voting? Are you eager to learn and develop yourself to eventually become responsible for your own clients?
Continue reading and apply if you recognize yourself in the following as well;
- University graduate or equivalent;
- 1-2 years (work)experience, ideally in a client facing setting.
- Relevant experience is preferred but in any case you should have an interest in (corporate) governance and ESG;
- An excellent command of written and spoken English and Dutch;
- The drive to learn;
- Being interested in (and aware of) recent developments around large Dutch companies
- Highly analytical view;
- Basic knowledge of capital markets and/or shareholder voting;
- Combines the willingness to make a deep dive into details with strategic thinking and a helicopter view.
Do you have any questions? Feel free to reach out!
Are you interested and already know that you want to apply? Leave your resume via the button and we will get back to you soon.