Deze vacature is niet meer beschikbaar
Our client, Norinchukin, is one of Japan’s leading institutional investors with an investment portfolio of more than US$400 billion and assets exceeding US$840 billion. Through overseas branches located in New York City, London, and Singapore, the bank invests in bond, securitization product, stock, private equity, and real estate. The bank has opened this year its new European subsidiary in Amsterdam (Gustav Mahlerlaan), focusing on capital markets and corporate banking. Norinchukin Bank plays a major role in the global society as a contributor of the advancement of the agricultural, fisheries and forestry industries through the provision of financial services to its members.
The Management Board of Norinchukin Bank Europe N.V. is responsible for the translation and implementation of the global strategy of The Norinchukin Bank on the European continent. In the setting up of new banking activities in Europe, Norinchukin Bank Europe will be focusing on wholesale banking, project finance and capital markets transactions. These activities will be closely related to the food and agri-business (through bilateral or syndicated corporate lending and project finance). The Legal & Compliance team will eventually consist of 3 fte including the Head of Legal & Compliance. To further strengthen the team we are looking for a Legal & Compliance Officer with experience in the project finance business.
The new Legal & Compliance Officer will have an essential contribution to the establishment and the maintenance of a sustainable project finance business in Europe. As a member of the Legal & Compliance team, you will support the business in setting up an appropriate and up to date legal and regulatory framework for the project finance business of the bank. Furthermore, you will support the first line in managing legal & compliance risks by drafting and negotiating (framework) agreements and monitoring proper first line due diligence on third parties in order to ensure compliance with company policies. In doing this, your will be able to support the realisation of the Business Plan of Norinchukin Bank Europe by providing legal expertise and advice with regard to the identification, development and implementation of strategic initiatives / improvements.
- You have started your career within a law firm, preferably with additional experience for example as an in-house counsel;
- You are experienced in the field of project finance and/or structured finance and preferably have (basic) knowledge of UK law beside a solid Dutch / European legal basis;
- You are skilled in negotiating and drafting legal documentation and you are able to deal with customers and counterparties in different jurisdictions.
- To be successful within a European subsidiary of a global financial institution, you should be interested to work in and learn from an international / intercultural environment and to further develop relevant skills;
- Able to communicate in both English and Dutch in an excellent way;
- You are enthusiastic to gain knowledge in other fields of legal and compliance expertise within a team of highly skilled professionals who strongly appreciate integrity, authenticity and mutual trust.
- By joining Norinchukin Bank Europe, you will work in an environment where openness, sensitivity, engagement and cooperation are driving values.
Are you interested in this unique opportunity to further develop yourself and Norinchukin Bank Europe?